Meeting deadlines, making sure products arrive as new, ensuring reliable operations, and managing costs are all day-to-day challenges for a logistics specialist. As a company that is always striving for excellence, GEFCO has a track record of over 65 years in dealing with the automotive industry, one of the most demanding in the world in terms of logistics. Our quality process is driven by a dedicated management system that supports our organisation, sites and business areas across the board.
A PROACTIVE APPROACH TO CERTIFICATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
GEFCO proactively incorporates the standards and certifications required by clients in the logistics sector, but we also go above and beyond this by making sure to meet the specific needs of each market.
A quality management system to international standards
- ISO 9001 Certification: this certification applies to quality management systems, to certify that they meet the criteria of client focus, management engagement, and continuous improvement. The whole of the GEFCO Group is ISO 9001 certified.
- ISO 14001 Certification: this certification applies to addressing environmental risks, and has been granted to 60 GEFCO site in 14 countries. We are proactively and voluntarily working on increasing the number of certified sites.
Based on your requirements, GEFCO can also offer tailored solutions for audit, evaluation and certification for specific services.
- EcoVadis Evaluation: this covers the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy. GEFCO has been assessed and is subsequently recognised as one of the best in the logistics sector.
- SQAS* is specific to the chemicals industry and assesses performance in terms of quality, security, environment and logistics suppliers. Seven GEFCO sites in Germany and Italy hold this certification.
- SMETA* evaluates ethical practices in supply chains. It has been awarded to the entire GEFCO Group.
*SQAS: Safety & Quality Assessment System; SMETA: Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit
GEFCO uses internal standards for best practices: our 400 business standards guarantee the same level of quality, everywhere in the world. External and internal audits provide an annual, on-site evaluation of compliance with these standards and practices.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT: COMMITMENT AT A GLOBAL LEVEL
Quality, as measured by our clients’ satisfaction, is our driving force. Quality is always at the forefront when it comes to shaping the group’s strategy, the way we perform all of our activities, and how we aim to continually improve our value chain.
Our Goal: Zero Defects
- 90% satisfied clients*
- 65% of units participating in the “Management through quality” system
- Almost 5,000 improvements or preventive actions rolled out in 2014.
*Source: 2013 Satisfaction Questionnaire - GEFCO Management System. Analysis based on 851 responses received from a panel of 2,078 active international business clients.
GEFCO Management System: quality in action
Our quality management system, GEFCO Management System (GMS), is structured according to ISO 9001 standards. The aim of this system is to control quality in all business areas and countries, while respecting the environment.
A specific tool dedicated to quality: a quality and environmental management system rolled out by excellent leaders.
- A process of continual improvement focused on consistent client satisfaction and increasing productivity, security and our carbon-neutral rating. Tracking any non-compliance is our priority.
- Transparent information: audits and indicators are sent to our clients to assist them with their own quality processes.
Indicators to stay on course
We use a number of indicators to set our course for continual improvement: annual measurement of client satisfaction, the annual quality and environment audit, and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).